Alpens is situated in the north-east of Osona, in Lluçanès, bordering Ripollès with the town of les Llosses and bordering Berguedà with the town of Borredà. It has an area of 13,82 square km and it is situated 855 high, it is mountainous and there are headwaters of the Lluçanesa, Gavarresa and Sora streams. The continental climate gives forests of red pines, oaks, holm oaks, beeches… with a boxwood, juniper and hawthorn. We can also find a great variety of medicinal and aromatic plants (like thyme, lavender,…) and a lot of mushrooms.
In the streets of the town you can see elements of forging on each door or balcony, most of them are of a smith Joan Prat (1898-1985): door knockers, lamp posts, handrails, gates, …
• At the entrance to the Main Square sculpture of Manelic (Joan Prat)
• At the park of the entrance, sculpture to blood donors (Enric Plan)
• Opposite the Old Factory the Tree of Volcano (collective work directed by Michael Xirau at the 9th Meeting of Smiths).
• In the branch, allegoric sculpture to the League of Devils of the Alps (collective work directed by Michael Xirau at the 10th International Meeting of Smiths).
• In the Pass of Berga Street, sculpture Alpine Dance (collective work directed by Michael Xirau at the 11th International Meeting of Smiths).