skip to Main Content

Muntanyola

The historical town of Muntanyola is formed by different little villages full of history and with a great and different evolution between themselves until the present town was created in 1840, Munter, called “Munta”, appears for the first time in 929 with the name of Villa de Montari, and in other documents as Montabri. Before 929, in this little village, originated from a country house, there was a church dedicated to Sant Esteve, and on the top of a little hill there is a castle, which was the territorial centre of the town.
Town Council of Muntanyola. Casa Consistorial – 08505 Muntanyola. Tel. 93 883 01 86 – www.muntanyola.cat – muntanyola@diba.cat
Back To Top